I thought I’d be cutting edge and post about icing tips. Then I Googled it – and everything is out there. Check out this article for good suggestions:
- From sports-injury-info.com – a good write up on all types of icing, ice packs, etc
That pretty much that covers it except two things:
1. Some suggestions for cheap bags that I use:
- Swim suit bags from Lifetime fitness – good sized, cheap plastic. I usually don’t double bag them, but I have gotten wet from not.
- Produce bags from the grocery store – thin and light – double bag these.
- Plastic grocery bags – must double bag these as they usually have holes in the corners.
- Dog bags from the dog park – ONLY use new ones of these – or ones that have been used only for icing!!!
2. Snow. Snow works great for icing in any of the bags listed above. Any type of snow works – I like a lot of the light fluffy stuff or a lot that’s starting to melt. You can form both of those to what ever you are icing.
Good luck, I hope you don’t need to use this info, but if you do, I hope this helps.