- 40 miles of running – I was scheduled for 30, but with missing so much last week, I needed to get more in.
- 1 – 14 mile of bike ride, two sessions on the bike trainer for 40 and 45 minutes and I lifted weights once
Notes – Hammy is feeling good. I don’t know the line of how hard to run vs how much to taper due to the fact that I missed the final 20 mile training run.
Official Weigh in on Thursday Morning – 169.4 – 29.81 lbs body fat – same weight for the last 3 weeks.
Quote of the Week:
”Because when you race the marathon- when you truly give it everything you have and then some- you honor the spirit of the marathon. ” – Pearl Izumi advertisement at runlikeananimal.com
Song of the Week: Bill Conti, DeEtta Little and Nelson Pigford – “Gonna Fly Now“…also known as the “Theme from Rocky”
Good Reading from the Week: (a few articles that caught my attention)
- Life’s Little Wisdoms from DEAN’S BLOG by Dean Karnazes
- Lasso my Yasso from Kristin Armstrong’s Online Journal : Mile Markers by Kristen Armstrong
- Newbie Runners Guide to Get on the Road from Active.com
- 4 New Rules to Run Smart from Active.com
- New Active survey finds 90 percent of athletes who tri get hooked on sport from EverymanTri
The Upcoming Week:
Tapering – a 3 mile, a 7 miler and a 3 miler - then the marathon. I will also watch Saving Private Ryan and the ESPN 30 for 30 on Terry Fox to pass the time.