- 13 miles of running – not including race day
- Attempted to rest and sleep more
Notes – Hammy acted up on my last mile of training – literally I was on the last mile and it cramped up. I don’t know what’s going to happen with it on Sunday – I was able to keep running, but I had to slow down.
Official Weigh in on Thursday Morning – 170 – good to go up before race day – more glycogen stored!
Quote of the Week: ”The worst thing one can do is not to try, to be aware of what one wants and not give in to it, to spend years in silent hurt wondering if something could have materialized – never knowing.” – Jim Rohn
Song of the Week: Kool and the Gang – “Celebration” – It’s time to celebrate…
- Raising over $1739.70 for the American Cancer Society
- The support of family, friends, competitors, etc.
- The 496.88 miles of running I’ve done in the last 13 weeks getting ready for this
- The 273.67 miles of biking in that same time frame
No pressure for race day, do my best and enjoy the celebration.
Good Reading from the Week: (a few articles that caught my attention)
- RUNABOUT from DEAN’S BLOG by Dean Karnazes
- What to Drink the Rest of the Day from Competitor.com by Matt Fitzgerald
- How to Build Your Marathon Muscles from Active.com home Articles
- The Plan for the TC 10 Mile from Steve in a Speedo?! Gross! by Steve Stenzel
The Upcoming Week: The marathon, then an ice bath. Nothing else.