It was the most perfect day for running – cold and a tailwind. Not so good for watching, but great for running.
Some of the highlights are:
- Staying at the Gardenwood Resort – Problem solved.
- The breather – the guy breathed really hard and loud. Jim and I slowed down to let him pass.
- The tinkler – the guy went potty at least 7 times that we passed him during the race
- The Bethel dudes – despite what people say, they were fun to hang out with.
- I had the crowd chanting “AL! AL! AL!” for at least 2 blocks after lemon drop hill – it was awesome.
- It didn’t hurt like Boston or TC2010, it hurt, but different.
- Cold – Team Lohn went into the museum to warm up after the race. I stood under the hand dryers for a long time.
- The breakfast on Father’s Day at Clearwater Grille on Lake Superior
- Lake Superior Railroad Museum on Sunday.