- Click here if you’d like to donate!
- Currently at $1,290.69 – 64.5% to $2000, $1790.69 committed (see next bullet) – that is a new PR for me!
- Medtronic is processing my request for $600 – at least $500 should be to ACS by race day. (If you are a Medtronic employee and volunteer for a non profit for 25 hours, Medtronic will donate $500 to your non-profit, they may also match employee donations, so that’s another $100)
- 20 donators – six miles left
I spent 11 days posting a daily status on Facebook. Here’s what they were and were they came from:
- "I feel sorry for people who don’t run. When they wake up in the morning, that’s as good as they’re going to feel all day." This is a Sinatra quote, except about drinking instead of running. Here’s the real quote.
- "How much happiness is gained, and how much misery escaped, by frequent and violent agitation of the body.” A quote by Samuel Johnson that I like. Here’s the full version and others as well.
- “New this year…I’m going Nascar style – body space advertising! I’ve got one taker so far – http://www.the-house.com/. Thanks to Kris Magnusson” – I got the idea from Carrie Tollefson’s husband in a C Tolle Run video for the Polar Plunge.
- “I’ve got two black toe nails right now – giving me three total for my life. – http://rwdaily.runnersworld.com/2012/05/motivational-poster-19.html” Runner’s World funny motivational posters.
- “Join DJ Roomba, Todd Packard, William Hung, Brian Fantana and the biggest Jared Allen fan around (see the donation honor roll) in the fight against cancer.” Look at the honor roll list, instead of taking credit for donating, a couple of them put other names.
- DJ Roomba – Tom from Parks and Rec, put an ipod on his Roomba, called it DJ Roomba – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXhsUPtsiLU
- Todd Packard – Salesman from the Office, played by David Koechner.
- William Hung – a bad auditioner from American Idols 3rd season. Todd Parkard has a vanity plate with his name on it.
- Brian Fantana – The lead field reporter for the channel 4 news team from Anchor Man.
- “When I retire, I don’t want to just move to some island somewhere. I want to be the guy who gives it all back. I want it to be like, ‘Hey… who donated all that money to ACS that’s saving so many lives?’ ‘I don’t know. It was anonymous.’ ‘Well, guess what. It was Andy Lohn.’ ‘But how do you know? It was anonymous.’ [pause] ‘Because I’m him.’” That is a Micheal Scott, from the Office, quote about about a hospital wing – the real quote is on this page.
- “I once listed to Rihanna’s Umbrella 24 times on a run – my ipod got messed up and that song was the only song on it.” – the full story is here.
- “Ham is to Carl Weathers as running is to me…I don’t like it – I love it.” – from Arrested Development – Carl Weathers says this to Lucille 2 – full quote here.
“If I don’t make my fund raising minimum, I’ve got to pay out of my own pocket. If I’ve got to pay it myself, I don’t run for ACS. If I don’t run for ACS, I feel guilty about running a lot. If I don’t run a lot, I get grumpy. My kids don’t like it when I’m grumpy. Think of the kids. Support the cause.” – this was something I came up with from those ads for Direct TV. Like this one.
- “Billy Johnson is the most played artist on my ipod. I even looked for Orange and Blue Sneaker for Grandma’s.” – Billy Johnson, a Gustavus alumn a couple years older than me, sings a song called Orange and Blue Sneakers on his album It’s a Good Life – that I listen to all the time.
- “I’m taking my fundraising talents to Twitter! Follow me @sqlquill -www.twitter.com/sqlquill” – It was a play on Lebron James’ South Beach quote from The Decision.
The hay is in the barn! Meaning training is basically done, I don’t have any more scheduled runs longer than 10 miles. I went with a 16 week plan running 5 days a week. Three hard weeks and then one easy week. The average week was one long one, one fast one and three medium runs each week. It went well, I’ve had some issues, but nothing big. I missed one scheduled run, and had to rearrange my schedule last week due to hip issues, but I got in all the miles and hit most of the times on the fast ones. We’ll see how I do….I’m in shape to set a personal record (PR), but it’s all gonna come down to the race day weather. Heat is my kryptonite.
Body Space Advertising
- The House will be on one shoulder
- Lots more room!
- Born on Feb 23, 2012
- Last Trimmed March 16, 2012
- Added Soul-patch May 9, 2012
- The grey represents all the dust I’ve kicked up on the trails I’ve run down – more and more every year.
- It’s voice is a hybrid of Franklin from Arrested Development and Grover Dill (Scut Farcus’s side kick from A Christmas Story)
- I’m not sure what to do with it. If you have any good ideas, let me know.
- Steve Prefontaine or Mad Dog Vachon look for race day.